Wednesday, December 30, 2009

SPARROW: a small book

I've been starting small, but I've been trying my skills at book making. I am going to hopefully start volunteering at The Center for Book Arts and next fall I am going to apply to their Letterpress Printing & Fine Press Publishing Seminar For Emerging Writers (fingers the most crossed). The smallest, most tedious tasks have a real calming effect on me. Go figure! This coming from the girl who is always stressing, who is always rushing, who is always late. Below are photographs of the accordion box book I made for the FOR THE BIRDS COLLECTIVE grab bag tonight at our holiday potluck. I included three main facts about sparrows, which I think sum us up as a group pretty dead on.

MATERIALS USED: small cardboard jewelry box, white construction paper, art paper, post cards, typewriter, needle & embroidery thread, rubber stamps, ink, rub off letters, Micron pens, Mod Podge, glue stick, flax seeds.

The pictures aren't the best and it's hard to read the type writing, and, it's modest a start.


OPEN FRONT SIDE



PAGE ONE & TWO strong beaks



PAGE THREE & FOUR eats seeds & sometimes bugs


PAGE FIVE messy nest



OPEN BACK SIDE


ALL CLOSED UP

No comments:

Post a Comment