Friday, January 22, 2010

SPITTING RESOLUTIONS

I often have a reoccurring dream and it goes like this: I am with someone significant or need to say something important. I open my mouth to speak but my mouth is completely filled with either bright pink chewing gum or a dough-like mucus. I begin pulling the substance out of my mouth, but I can never get it out completely and I begin to panic.

According to my "extensive" research on the internet, I've learned that to dream about chewing gum suggests that you are unable to express yourself effectively, that you feel like you may have said the wrong thing, or that you feel vulnerable.

To dream about not being able to remove the gum from your mouth suggests you are experiencing some powerlessness or frustration. You may lack understanding in a situation or find that a current problem is overwhelming. Maybe an inability to digest a dilemma. Or possibly some negative force in your life that you need to get rid of.

Last night I had this very dream, but for the first time I was able to completely remove all of the dough from my mouth. I spat hard to be sure I'd removed any lingering pieces. I woke and saw that I had spit clear across my bedroom; a pool of glistening excretion on the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment